Graduate Programme: NRG 21/21 Assistant Professional Officer
DIRECTORATE ENERGY AND CLIMATE CHANGE
DEPARTMENT: Sustainable Energy Markets
REFERENCE NUMBER: NRG 21/21 Ext
- BTech, BEng in Engineering
- At least one (1) year’s relevant experience
- Good analytical skills (technical; financial; projects)
- Software proficiency in MS Office; MS Projects; SAP
- Basic project management skills
- Must have passion and an abiding interest in the field of
- Valid driver’s licence
Key Performance Areas
- Conducting research into potential areas
for the implementation of City energy
efficiency initiatives and projects
- Assisting with the development of
specifications for tendering for the
acquisition of specialised energy efficiency
(EE) infrastructure/equipment and services
- Field visits to project sites, inspection and
on-site project management of EE projects
- Assisting with project development, analysis
and reporting on small- medium scale renewable
energy (RE) projects
- Energy data management, monitoring and verifying
savings of EE projects/energy yield/production of
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
on project delivery and performance
- Supervision of contractors/interns during
performance of their daily tasks.
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3)
months of the closing date, please accept that your application