Two (2) years Internship Programme
Stipend of R5000.00 per month
Chris Hani District Municipality wishes to invite applications from unemployed graduates residing within the Chris Hani District Municipality
area of jurisdiction to ensure that they are able to contextualize learning to the world of work, establishing physical and virtual job preparedness and matching services to connect you to the available opportunities whilst assisting CHDM in its Project Implementation and Operations. The programme forms part of the Chris Hani District Municipality’s Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP).
The following qualifications are required from the following fields:
1. Customer Care, Stakeholder & Communications
Courses: National Diploma: Marketing
2. Development Planning Bachelor’s
Courses: Degree: Development Studies/ ND: Economics
3. Information Technology
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Information Technology
4. Risk Management & Internal Audit
Courses: Bachelor of Accounting Science/ ND: Internal Auditing
5. Occupational Health & Safety
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree/ND: Safety Management
6. Human Resources Management
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree/ND: Human Resources Management
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree /ND: Public Management/Public Administration /Management/Office Management & Technology
8. Fire Fighting
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree/ND: Fire Technology
9. Disaster Management
Courses: Diploma: Management (Disaster)
Courses: Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
11. Social Work
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree: Social Work/Psychology
Courses: Bachelor of Commerce: Transport & Logistics
13. Finance Bachelor’s
Courses: Degree/National Diploma: Accounting/Cost & Management Accounting or relevant qualification majoring in
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Civil Engineering
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Mechanical Engineering
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Electrical Engineering
17. Water Quality
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Chemical Engineering/Analytical Chemistry
18. Water Quality
Courses: Grade 12 plus National Training Certificate III: Water Treatment Practice at NQF level 4
19. Water Quality
Courses: Grade 12 plus National Training Certificate III: Wastewater Treatment Practice at NQF level 4
20. Water Services Planning
Courses: Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Hydrology & Water Resources
Matric / Grade 12
Applicants must have completed their qualification [Proof should be attached and academic records should also be attached for verification of major subjects where necessary].
Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 35.
Applicants must reside within the Chris Hani District Municipality [Original stamped and signature of respective Ward Councillor on
the proof of residence].
Applicants who previously benefited from an Internship Programme will not be considered from any government department or any institution.
Enquiries may be directed to Human Resources on (045) 808 4634/69/72.
1. It is compulsory to submit your application letter accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of your qualifications and certified
copy of identity document.
2. Kindly specify your field of study in the subject of your application letter.
3. No faxed CV’s or e-mail applications will be accepted. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by the Municipality. If the candidate / applicant is found canvassing any of the panelists he / she automatically disqualify
4. Appointment will be subjected to compulsory pre-employment screening in the form of determining the validity of qualifications and verification of residential address.
5. It is expected that the successful candidates will be stationed within the respective local municipalities that falls within the jurisdiction of the Chris Hani District Municipality as and when it is required by the respective office.
6. Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged and all pre-shortlisted candidates
will be subjected to a written assessment.
7. Closing date of the advertisement is the 19th November 2020.
“The Municipality reserves a right not to appoint”
Applications must be forwarded to:
The Chris Hani District Municipality, Human Resources Section
Private Bag X 7121, Queenstown, 5320
OR hand deliver to 15 Bells Road, Queenstown.