Supply Chain Management Internship
(Fixed term contract for 12 Months)
Stipend: R7, 000.00 (Seven Thousand Rands) on the 15th day of every month, less any income tax that the Employer is required to deduct in terms of the relevant tax laws
There is an exciting I nternship opportunity for Two (2) Supply Chain Management Interns within the CHIETA. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the SCM unit and other business units within the CHIETA. This position reports to the SCM Specialist. Candidates who meet the below requirements of the position are invited to apply:
Requirements: Minimum National Diploma in Public Finance and Accounting/ Accounting/ Supply Chain Management or equivalent. Level 4 CIPS Qualification will be advantageous.
Experience: Preferably graduates with no work experience.
Knowledge: Computer literacy skills (MS Office) are essential.
Skills & Behavioural competencies: Planning and Organisation Skills Communication (oral and written) • Problem solving ability • Diversity awareness • Confidentiality, ethics, integrity, and professionalism • Detail orientation • Teamwork.
Key Performance Areas
▪ Procurement through quotation system process
▪ Sourcing of suppliers from Central Supplier Database
▪ Compilation and evaluating price quotations.
▪ Conducting product and services market research.
▪ Compiling and submission of Annual procurement plans and quarterly reporting.
▪ Participate in overall tender process management.
▪ Participate and assist various bid committees with bid management.
▪ Perform inventory management functions including monthly inventory reconciliations.
▪ Perform travel arrangements bookings including monthly diner’s reconciliation.
▪ Perform contract management functions.
▪ Assist the Supply chain management specialist with expenditure trend analysis.
▪ Drafting of various reports and compliance management.
▪ Conduct Adhoc supply chain management functions as and when required.
Interested persons are invited to submit their CVs by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , on or before 4 may 2023. If no feedback is provided to you by the end of May 2023, please regard your application to be unsuccessful.
POPIA disclaimer: By applying for this vacancy/position, you are agreeing to your Personal Information being used and retained for the purposes of processing your application in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013.
Personal information will be protected and safeguarded by the CHIETA, and no information will be shared with third parties or used for purposes other than those for which it was obtained.
CHIETA is committed to the advancement of Employment Equity. Successful applicants will be subj background checks and to undertake required assessments
CHIETA reserves the right not to make an appointment.