QC Laboratory Analyst: 3x 1 year contracts (Umbogintwini) (AEC200217-3) - ChemSystems
Closing Date 2020/03/02
Reference Number AEC200217-3
Job Title QC Laboratory Analyst: 3x 1 year contracts (Umbogintwini)
Job Type Classification Contract
Number of Positions 3
Location - Town / Site Umbogintwini
Location - Province KwaZulu-Natal
Location - Country South Africa
ChemSystems is looking to recruit 3x QC Laboratory Analyst on a 1 year contract to work in Umbogintwini. Analytical service provision for our customers.
ChemSystems provides chemical products to a diverse range of industries. Construction and Refractory provide chemicals in the building industry. Consumer Specialities supplies a range of speciality and commodity raw materials into the Personal Care, Homecare, Pharmaceutical and Industrial markets. Industrial and Mining manufactures and supplies PVC heat stabilisers, High Performance Lubricants, Industrial Degreasers and an extensive range of chemicals for industrial applications. Paper and Leather supply chemicals to the pulp, paper and leather industries. Timber and Foundry Board supplies resins and associated products to the foundry industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform analysis on raw materials, in process samples and final product.
• Maintain a high standard of quality and safety in the lab when handling samples, analysing and performing housekeeping duties.
• Ensuring timeous and effective communication of the results with internal customers and all stakeholders.
• Assist with effective and efficient running of the Quality Laboratory.
• Performing instrument calibration for production and Q Laboratory.
• Working shifts.
• Ensure compliance to safety by living the Zero Harm philosophy of AECI.
Qualifications & Experience
• Matric / Grade 12.
• A tertiary qualification (National Diploma / B-Tech / BSc Analytical Chemistry) minimum.
• Minimum of 1 - 2 year work experience in a production environment.
• Sound chemistry and analytical chemistry knowledge.
• Report writing.
• Drivers licence advantageous.
• Safety awareness.
• Technician knowledge.
• Communication skills.
• Team work.
• Attention to detail.