The Commission for Gender Equality (CGE) is an Independent statutory body created in terms of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 (as amended). The CGE is committed to promoting a society free from gender oppression and all forms of gender inequality. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
Stipend: R8000.00 per month
CENTRE: HEAD OFFICE (Johannesburg)
• Three Year National Diploma, or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Journalism.
• Must be a South African citizen.
• Strong Writing Skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Basic familiarity with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Attention to detail.
It is mandatory that an applicant submit the following:
• Comprehensive CV.
• Certified copies of ID and Qualifications.
• Telephone details and e-mail addresses of three contactable referees.
• A motivation letter and the above-mentioned documents must be sent to,
P.O. Box 32175, Braamfontein, 2017 or hand delivered to this this address:
No:02 Kotze Street, Women’s jail, East Wing Constitutional Hill, Braamfontein, 2017
Please note that no late applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates only. Applicants with a foreign qualification must submit a SAQA evaluation report of their qualification. The CGE reserves the right not to fill this advertised position. The CGE is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, and disability). Preference will be given to South African citizens. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background checks and competency assessment.
Please note for Communications intern programme preference will be given to (White Females; Indian Females; Coloured Females).
For enquiries (Not Applications), contact Mr. Khuliso Tshivhase (HR Generalist) at: Tel: 011 403 7182
Closing date: 26 May 2023 No late applications will be accepted.