TERTIARY BURSARIES FOR GRADE 12 LEARNERS
Tertiary Bursaries for Grade 12 Learners (OMN201005-2) - BME
Closing Date 2020/10/13
Reference Number OMN201005-2
Job Title Tertiary Bursaries for Grade 12 Learners
Company BME a division of Omnia
Location - Town / City All Provinces
Location - Province Other
Location - Country South Africa
Job Type Classification Bursary
BME is part of the mining division within the Omnia Group. The Omnia Group is a JSE listed diversified provider of specialised chemical products and services used in the mining, agriculture and chemicals sectors. Omnia has been in business for over 60 years and has its head office in Johannesburg, South Africa. BME offer learnerships, Bursaries & Internships as well as skilled training programs and more. With their programs, they aim to educate the youth of South Africa to assist in stabilizing the economy and provide sufficient work for all. They seek gifted young individuals to learn more within their field, to be educated by the best in the business and to grow together, building a stronger nation. If any of the fields below are within your interest and you meet all requirements, you may apply before the closing date.
1.The MQA bursary scheme only funds the following qualifications at universities and universities of technology:
• Analytical Chemistry
• Jewellery Design and Manufacturing
• Chemical Engineering (mineral processing)
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering (heavy current)
• Metallurgical Engineering (extractive)
• Electro-Mechanical Engineering
• Mine Survey
• Environmental Health and Management
• Mining Engineering
• Rock Engineering / Seimology
• Industrial Engineering
2. The MQA bursary scheme only funds the following qualifications at TVET colleges:
• Fitting (including Machinery)
• Diesel Mechanic
• Instrumentation Mechanic
• Fitter and Turner
• Rigger Ropes man
The MQA would like to invite learners who intend on studying towards a career within the Mining and Minerals Sector, to apply for an MQA bursary.
The MQA Bursary Scheme is open to qualifying learners who are currently in Grade 12 and who intend to study during 2021 or current students who are already studying towards a certificate, diploma, degree at a public university, university of technology or a TVET College.
• South African citizens only;
• Financially needy applicants – determined by household income of not more than R600 000 per annum
• Female applicants;
• Applicants living in rural communities;
• Applicants who have applied to study at their local tertiary institutions;
• Academic performance.
- Candidates may or may not have any experience
This is pure Bursary at a Tertiary Institution
• Proficiency in English
• Mature, task driven and self-motivated individual.
• Good organizational, administrative, planning & co-ordinating skills
• Good verbal and communication skills
NOTE: THIS BURSARY IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS PURSUING POST-GRADUATES STUDIES.
The application period for the 2021 intake will open from 18 September 2020 and closes on 13TH October 2020.
This application period is for NEW bursary applicants only. Current MQA bursars must complete the application for Continuation of Bursary for 2021 which will be available from 1 October 2020 on the MQA website.