Intern/Junior Proposals Designer
Company BDO South Africa
Reference # #IJPD01
Contract Type Contract
Salary Market Related
Location Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Duration 12 Months
At BDO, we believe in investing in our people to help them grow, both professionally and personally. The foundation of our business is strong relationship, with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders and we work hard every day to make this a reality. Our commitment is to create unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities.
BDO South Africa has a vacancy for a Intern/Junior Proposals Designer within the Shared Service Department.
Job Functions Marketing
Industries Accounting & Auditing
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete design tasks as allocated.
• Create exciting and engaging graphics for the website, social media channels and communication messages.
• Develop graphics and layout for proposals and related purposes.
• Assist with collateral updates and version control
• Aid in the execution of marketing plans
• Use computer software to generate new images, videos.
• Development of promotional and other marketing-related campaigns.
• Development of support material for events, activations/engagement and other business development initiatives.
• Understanding current trends and styles and advising the team on the best application for specific projects.
• Promotional elements including promotional leaflets, broadsheets, catalogues etc.
• Assist in brainstorming concepts for upcoming projects.
• Review final layouts and suggesting improvements if required.
• Source or create high-quality graphics as required.
• Assist with video production (shooting, editing, etc.) when required
• Other projects as assigned
Qualifications/Recognition of Prior Learning equivalent:
•Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design
•A postgrad qualification will be an advantage
•At least 6 months practical experience
•Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design)
•Previous experience with SharePoint will be advantageous
•Media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
Computer hardware and software, including applications and programming used to create computer-generated graphics
Competencies: Technical & Behavioural
•Proficiency in graphics or photo editing and imaging software
•Proficiency in video creation and editing software
•Effective Communication Skills, both written and verbal.
BDO Core Competencies:
•Relationships and Collaboration
•Exceptional Client Service
•Quality, Risk management and Operational performance
The appointment will be made in terms of the firm’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Closing Date 28/10/2021