USHER x 15
Front of House
BAXTER THEATRE CENTRE
The Baxter Theatre Centre seeks to appoint twelve (15) Ushers in the Front of House department on an ad-hoc basis for appointment commencing 15 March 2023. The successful candidates will assist the Front of House staff to provide excellent customer service to the Baxter’s patrons and ensure public safety.
• A matric certificate or equivalent qualification.
• A friendly disposition coupled with sound interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Fluency in English and at least one other official language.
• The ability to work well under pressure, both as part of a team and independently.
• Alertness and the ability to think quickly in an emergency.
• A strong sense of customer service.
• The flexibility to work according to the Baxter Theatres operational hours.
• Previous experience in the hospitality industry or in theatre would be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To assist patrons at the Baxter Theatre Centre by performing duties such as:
• Scan admission tickets.
• Ensure that patrons are seated timeously and in the correct venue.
• Assist patrons to find their seats.
• Help patrons to locate facilities such as the restaurant, bar, and toilets.
• Assist with any patron’s special needs.
• Resolve seating disputes and any other patrons’ concerns.
• Guide patrons to exits or provide any other instructions or assistance in case of emergency
The rate of pay per hour is R43,56.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Mr Jerome Fish at firstname.lastname@example.org. They may also be posted to the Front of House Management Team, Baxter Theatre Centre Main Road, Rondebosch, 7701.
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 685 7880 / 021 680 3967
Reference number: E23210
Closing date: 24 February 2023
“UCT is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity, and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the underrepresented designated groups. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. “