Work Level Junior
Job Type Contract
Salary Market Related
Duration 1 - 2 Years
EE Position No
Reference Number SOMDRVR002JUN
AHRI seeks for the Driver who will be responsible for all project related driving duties which will include but not limited to, transporting of biological samples/medication/any project related material to and from AHRI Satellite Site Clinics and AHRI Clinical Trials Unit. Perform pick-ups/drop offs at various sites in the Kwa Mpukunyoni/ Mtubatuba area. The work may include working night shift, public holidays & weekend work and or as and when required by the clinical trials unit.
Overview of Duties
• Transport biological specimens, medication and other project related items between project Satellite sites (all the DOH Clinics supported by the CTU)
• Carry out any Ad hoc driving and administrative duties as requested by the Line Manager
• Ensures safe transportation of passengers, equipment, medication and project related material
• Ensures vehicles are clean, are without any defects and are well maintained
• Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic project vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions
• Participates in any staff development and training activities for personal development
• Ensure that s/he adhere to the AHRI Transport Policy.
Minimum Requirement and Qualifications
1. Matric or equivalent.
2. Must Possess a valid South African Code C1 with PDP driver’s License with at least 3 years driving
3. Must be the resident and a member of a homestead from within the Population Intervention Programme Study Area (PIPSA).
4. Advanced / Defensive Driving Training certification will be an added advantage
1. At least 3 years proven work experience as a Driver
2. Previous professional experience or exposure in the transportation of hazardous goods/specimen will be an added advantage.
3. Previous professional experience in transportation of passengers and high-level delegation will be an added advantage
Applications Closing Date: 30 June 2023
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.