Company Africa Health Research Institute
Reference # DUR/ITINTERN/01/NOV/2021
Contract Type Contract
Location Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Duration 12 Months
This is an opportunity for a recent graduate to gain work experience/in service training in a fast-paced research environment. The IT Intern will ensure that end users receive optimal IT support in a timely manner. This position will work closely with the IT Support Specialist to provide end-user IT support.
Job Functions Information Technology
Industries Academic,Healthcare,Ngo / Non-Profit,Research,Science & Technology
1. Provide end-user IT support to all aspects of the organisation’s various technical resources.
2. Diagnose and solve problems with PC and Apple computer equipment and related devices
3. Manage Active Directory accounts, groups and related changes
4. PC, Network and Video Conferencing related support and maintenance.
5. Prepare new computers for delivery and fill out appropriate inventory sheets in a timely manner.
6. Set-up and deliver new equipment.
7. Assist users with Installation, Moves, Addition, Changes and decommissioning of standard hardware and software.
8. To ensure compliance with IT policies and SOP’s.
1. Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Information Technology
1. 1 years’ experience in desktop/helpdesk support or similar position
2. Experience working with all Microsoft technologies
3. Strong knowledge of Microsoft desktop products including Office, Office 365
AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Job Closing Date 03/12/2021