Apprentice Electrician (Umbogintwini)
Apprentice Electrician (Umbogintwini) (AEC210309-2) - AECI Property
Closing Date 2021/03/23
Reference Number AEC210309-2
Pillar AECI Property Services
Job Title Apprentice Electrician (Umbogintwini)
Job Type Classification Apprentice
Location - Town / Site Umbogintwini
Location - Province KwaZulu-Natal
Location - Country South Africa
AECI Property Services is looking to recruit a Apprentice Electrician to work in Umbogintwini. Offering a great opportunity for candidates to train as Apprentices and qualify as Artisans.
AECI Property Services is committed to enabling individuals, previously disadvantaged by discriminatory practices to gain full and equal access to opportunities appropriate to their competency and potential.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Acquire knowledge and skills of Artisan in your designated trade.
• Participate in the formal training plan for the apprenticeship; make reasonable progress to achieve the competencies in this regard; attend the necessary training or assessments related hereto.
• Perform duties required and make reasonable progress to achieve the competencies in the training plan.
• As instructed, undertake and attend any training or assessment related to the training plan.
• Keep the training record (logbook) in possession, and produce it to the employer and/or training organisation, when requested.
• Acknowledge that all workplace instructions and other material that comes into the apprentice’s possession, as a result of training, remains the property of employer.
• Maintain, repair and optimise plant and associated devices under guidance of qualified Artisans/Technicians.
• Work effectively with others to successfully complete maintenance activities and objectives.
• Adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, work instructions, guidelines, regulations / legislation and programs & proactive action to identify and correct potential unsafe conditions and acts.
• Cable Reticulation, Industrial & Domestic installations of Electrical circuits & Motors.
• Testing and commissioning of new Electrical equipment.
• Efficient use of power tools & Hand Tools.
• Adhering to AECI safety standards and codes of practice.
Qualifications & Experience
• Matric / Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science.
• An N3 (required to apply for trade test) is essential.
• Driver’s license will be a benefit.
• Basic understanding of process plant and the importance of maintenance.
• Must be able to obtain health clearance to work in a chemical environment.
• Electrical experience will be a benefit.
• Hand and Power tools will be a benefit.
• Safety awareness is critical
• Team player.
• Technical knowledge