GIS Technician (Modderfontein)
GIS Technician (Modderfontein) (AEC210301-1) - AECI Property
Closing Date 2021/03/15
Reference Number AEC210301-1
Pillar AECI Property Services
Job Title GIS Technician (Modderfontein)
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Town / Site Modderfontein
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Country South Africa
AECI Property Services is looking to recruit a GIS Technician to work in Modderfontein. Management of Company Geographic Information System (GIS) database.
AECI Property Services is committed to enabling individuals, previously disadvantaged by discriminatory practices to gain full and equal access to opportunities appropriate to their competency and potential.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Data acquisition.
• Data manipulation and interpretation.
• Cartography and visualization.
• Maintaining up-to-date and accurate geospatial documentation for reference purposes.
• Effective management of geospatial database and development of effective maps and aerial photography.
• Ensure that all the company’s Safety, Health and Environmental standards are adhered to.
Qualifications & Experience
• Matric / Grade 12.
• Bachelors in Geography and Environmental Management advantageous.
• Diploma in Geographic Information Science.
• Minimum 0 – 2 years related experience.
• Registration with South African Geomatics Council.
• Proficiency in ArcGIS programme essential.
• High analytical thinking
• Strong oral and written communication
• Interpersonal skills
• Time Management