QC Laboratory Analyst X2 (Umbogintwini)
QC Laboratory Analyst x2 (Umbogintwini) (AEC210517-2) - Mining Chemicals
Closing Date 2021/06/01
Reference Number AEC210517-2
Pillar AECI Mining
Job Title QC Laboratory Analyst x2 (Umbogintwini)
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Town / Site Umbogintwini
Location - Province KwaZulu-Natal
Location - Country South Africa
AECI Mining Chemicals is looking to recruit 2x QC Laboratory Analysts to work in Umbogintwini. To perform quality control analyses on the raw materials, in-process samples and finished product. To ensure lab equipment is maintained and calibrated to provide highest SHEQ standards. To be responsible and accountable for all quality control related matters during shift in the Laboratory.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, in-process, final products and environmental samples.
• Follow work instructions, test procedures, reporting protocols and completion of documentation requirements diligently and timeously.
• Assist with the implementation of new analytical equipment and test methods.
• Provide support to Production on batch adjustments, corrections as per technical recommendations etc.
• Provide support to the Technical department during trials based on new product, raw materials and other improvement initiatives.
• Liaising with Production, Procurement, Customer Services, Warehouse, Technical and other departments.
• Carry out good housekeeping, health and safety practices.
• Shift work will be required.
Qualifications & Experience
• Matric / Grade 12.
• National diploma in Analytical Chemistry.
• Minimum of 2 years’ Analytical and instrumentation laboratory experience in a production environment.
• Safety awareness
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent Team work
• Diligent and able to work in a dynamic environment
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving