Millwright Artisan (EMalahleni)
Millwright Artisan (eMalahleni) (AEC210521-1) - Mining Explosives
Closing Date 2021/06/04
Reference Number AEC210521-1
Pillar AECI Mining
Job Title Millwright Artisan (eMalahleni)
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Town / Site eMalahleni
Location - Province Mpumalanga
Location - Country South Africa
AECI Mining Explosives is looking to recruit a Millwright Artisan to work in eMalahleni. To provide a maintenance service on MMU’s and equipment.
AECI Mining Explosives is committed to enabling individuals, previously disadvantaged by discriminatory practices to gain full and equal access to opportunities appropriate to their competency and potential.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Execute scheduled and routine maintenance on Trucks and LDV’s, machinery and equipment.
• Perform engineering inspections, identify problem areas and implement pro-active maintenance and plant improvement corrective action.
• Optimise vehicle reliability by continually improving the preventative maintenance system through the identification of opportunities for improvement.
• Provide appropriate and adequate feedback and input to the Engineering Team Manager with respect to plant condition, spares and scheduling requirements, and repairs carried out.
• Perform safety and health inspections and implement corrective action.
• Assist in the training and development of the Learner Technician Operators.
• Be actively involved in World class initiatives.
• Able to perform overtime duties and standby.
• Perform full time afternoon shift work duties.
• Must have own transport.
• Work without supervision at all times.
• Willing to be cross-trained on electrical and instrumentation skills.
Qualifications & Experience
• Matric / Grade 12.
• Qualified Artisan (Trade Test / Red Seal Millwright) with several years of experience.
• Pneumatic, electric and hydraulic experience will be an advantage.
• PLC Programming experience will be an advantage.
• Computer experience.
• Have willingness to be trained on instrumentation and electrical equipment.
• Analytical thinking
• Critical thinking
• Safety awareness