Analytical Chemistry Intern (Waltloo) (AEC210416-3) - Mining Chemicals
Closing Date 2021/04/30
Reference Number AEC210416-3
Pillar AECI Mining
Job Title Analytical Chemistry Intern (Waltloo)
Job Type Classification Intern
Location - Town / Site Waltloo
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Country South Africa
AECI Mining Chemicals is looking to recruit a Analytical Chemistry Intern to work in Waltloo. To assist the QC Analyst with the quality control of the lab. AECI Mining Chemicals is committed to enabling individuals, previously disadvantaged by discriminatory practices to gain full and equal access to opportunities appropriate to their competency and potential
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist QC Analyst with:
• Routine QC analysis of raw material, effluent and final products.
• Daily equipment calibration/verification.
• Calculation of test results.
• Data capturing on QC spreadsheet.
• Interpretation and reporting of analysis results.
• Re-testing of final product if it does not comply with specification.
• Monitoring and reporting of reagent stock levels.
• Good housekeeping.
Qualifications & Experience
• Matric / Grade 12 with Maths and Science.
• Completed theoretical training for National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry (looking for Work Integrated Learning).
• Numerical and analytical ability.
• Ability to adapt in a multi-disciplined team.
• Attention to detail
• High level of ethics
• Analytical thinking
• Team work
• Safety driven
• Time conscious