SO2 VALVE OVERHAULER AND OPERATOR (UMBOGINTWINI)
SO2 Valve Overhauler and Operator (Umbogintwini) (AEC201109-1) - Industrial Chemicals
Closing Date 2020/11/23
Reference Number AEC201109-1
Pillar AECI Chemicals
Job Title SO2 Valve Overhauler and Operator (Umbogintwini)
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Town / Site Umbogintwini
Location - Province KwaZulu-Natal
Location - Country South Africa
AECI Industrial Chemicals is looking to recruit a SO2 Valve Overhauler and Operator to work in Umbogintwini. To carry out valve overhauling and testing, valve record keeping and to carry out SO2 Operator duties when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To strip, inspect, reassemble and test SO2 Valves.
• To keep accurate records of valves, spares and tools.
• To keep all work areas clean and tidy.
• To ensure the safe operation of the equipment being used.
• To work as an SO2 operator as and when required.
• Comply with Safety, Health and Environment standards.
• Liaise with Production, Engineering and Stores departments in relation to the work being carried out.
• Comply with governance and established policies, systems, procedures and practices.
Qualifications & Experience
• Matric / Grade 12 or NQF 3 equivalent.
• Working experience in an industrial plant.
• Ability to work with hand tools and test gas.
• Previous experience working with gases and pressure vessels advantageous.
• Accuracy and Attention to Detail
• Team work.
• Safety Awareness.