Job title: Accounts Clerk
Type: Permanent ☒ Fixed Term ☐ Temporary ☐
Main purpose of the job: To provide administrative and clerical support to WHC financial function.
Closing date: 13 October 2023
Advert reference number: Accounts Clerk
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of the Witwatersrand.
The Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates. Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the
closing date can consider their applications unsuccessful.
Key performance areas
• Processing payments on FNB online banking and electronic storage of payments.
• Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations.
• Ensure compliance with Foreign Exchange Requirements
• Maintaining payment schedules.
• Assisting Internal stakeholders with queries.
• Effective processing of month end tasks.
• Preparation of documents for submission to auditors.
• Filing of paperwork and scanning documents.
• Assist with archiving of documents.
• General administration duties when required.
Required minimum education and training
Required minimum work experience
1-year basic financial administration experience
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• Proficient in MS Office with strong excel skill.
• Sage X3 experience will be advantageous.
• Analytical with meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, managers and auditors
• Must be a team player.
• Accurate record keeping and filing.
• Willingness to work overtime.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to email@example.com. The subject
heading of the email must read Accounts Clerk. Please include the following documentation:
• A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for
• A detailed CV.
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from
designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.