Job title: Intern (Grant Accountant) – 12 months Internship
Type: Permanent ☐ Fixed Term ☒ Temporary ☐
Main purpose of the job: Assist with the administration of financial and grant management of grant
Location: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Soweto
Closing date: 08 August 2023
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of the Witwatersrand.
The Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates. Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the
closing date can consider their applications unsuccessful.
Key performance areas
• Ensure adherence to the financial policies and procedures.
• Effective review and approval of general ledger entries, journal entries, audit files and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Budget preparation and management.
• Provide financial advice.
• Compile accurate and comprehensive financial and donor reports.
• Liaison with all relevant stakeholders.
• Effective compliance with donor requirements.
• Effective self-management.
Required minimum education and training
• BCom Accounting
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
• Must have a dynamic and compatible personality able to deal with clients, donors and staff at all levels.
• Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• The environment may at times be busy and need excellent organisational skills and attention to details. May be required to work overtime.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) will be required.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to email@example.com .
The subject heading of the email must read Intern (Grant Accountant):01 and the job title of position applying for.
Please include the following documentation:
• A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for.
• A detailed CV.
Submit detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert reference number: Intern (Grant Accountant):01
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.