2024 Graduate Development Programme
Discover Your Path to Success in Asset Management
Applications open: 18 September – 30 September 2023
Are you a recent graduate with a burning passion for Asset Management? The Public Investment Corporation (PIC) invites young, dynamic individuals like yourself to embark on an exciting journey towards becoming investment professionals capable of making a significant impact on the asset management industry.
About the Programme:
The PIC Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is designed to empower recent graduates with comprehensive knowledge, skills, and real-world exposure in asset and investment management, with a specific focus on the pivotal role that the PIC plays in the economy. This structured programme aims to cultivate a pipeline of capable investment professionals, ultimately transforming the landscape of the asset management sector.
Area of specialisation and qualifications:
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Accounting/Auditing.
• Advantageous knowledge in Taxation, Cost Accounting, Valuations and Financial Modelling.
2 Listed Investments (Quants and Derivatives)
Qualification: Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Commerce, or Bachelor of Business Science in any of the following fields: Mathematical
Sciences, Quants, Actuarial Science, Maths of Finance with an added advantage in Computer Skills/Coding.
3 Multimanager: Private Markets
Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Mathematical Sciences or Economics.
4 Company Secretariat
Qualification: Bachelor of Commerce or LLB.
6 Legal Counsel Governance and Compliance (Corporate and Investments)
Qualification: LLB/ Bachelor of Commerce in Law.
7 Corporate Services (Records Management)
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management/ Library Science/ Knowledge and Records Management.
8 Corporate Affairs
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design /Business Administration/Accounting.
9 Research and Projects
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Econometrics/ Agricultural Economics.
10 Risk Management
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematical Science/Computer Science/ Applied Mathematics/Mathematics/Actuarial Science/Investment Management/ Finance/Risk Management.
Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Property Studies/Real Estate/Construction Studies / BCom in Investments/Corporate Finance.
12 Internal Audit
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (for IT Auditors)/ Financial Information Systems/Accounting/Investment Management/ Risk Management.
13 Data Technologist/Scientist
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Data Science/ Management Information Systems/ Statistics/Analytics.
14 Enterprise Architecture
Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science /Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology.
• Possession of ITIL and COBIT certification, ArchiMate modelling language will be advantageous.
15 Information Security
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science /Information Technology.
• Certification in CompTIA Security would be advantageous.
16 Platform Reliability Engineering
Qualification: Bachelor of Technology/Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology.
• Certification in ITIL, MCITP, Microsoft Office 365/ M365, and Microsoft Certification would be advantageous.
17 Software Engineering
Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
• Software Development (Programming, object-oriented design, software testing and debugging).
18 Governance Risk and Compliance and Digital Experience
Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields.
▪ Applicants must be South African Citizens not older than 25 years.
▪ Obtained a 60% pass in each module and an overall average of the most recent results.
▪ Have no work experience in the field of study and have not participated in any graduate/leadership programme.
▪ A strong desire to work in financial services (asset and investment management).
▪ Proven record of academic excellence.
▪ Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Only candidates who have been shortlisted among the graduate applicants will be automatically considered for the vacation work opportunity and subsequently, they will be further evaluated for potential inclusion in the PIC Graduate Development Programme for the year 2024.
How To Apply:
To submit your application, please click here to apply online.
Applicants will be required to upload certified copies of the following supporting documentation on the PIC online platform:
▪ Curriculum Vitae;
▪ Identity Document; and
▪ Qualification/Latest Academic Record.
Only successful applicants will be notified via email.
• For any technical issues encountered while using the PIC online application portal, please kindly address them to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that Curriculum Vitae submissions will not be accepted at this email address.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: 30 September 2023