Copywriter and Content Creator
Company 10X Investments
Reference # T00003
Contract Type Permanent
Location Green Point, Western Cape, South Africa
10X is disrupting the investment industry to help ordinary people, like your mother, your grandfather and your friends, get dramatically better value for their long-term savings and lead more dignified lives in retirement. The investment industry is largely complex, expensive, and produces poor value for most people.10X is challenging this unjust industry by providing a simple, direct, low cost investment solution.
We’re on a mission to build a customer-centric tech-enabled company – think Amazon, not CNA. We’ve got an outstanding 12 -year track record delivering industry-beating returns at low cost with operational excellence and exceptional client retention. But we’ve only just started. We need great people to help us achieve our dreams. Sure, it’s a big challenge but what’s the point spending your life doing easy, unimportant things?
If you are a passionate, determined, smart, self-starting, ambitious independent thinker who wants to make a positive difference to people’s long-term financial wellbeing, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Junior Copy Writer and Content Creator. You will be working within a team made up of digital marketers, PR specialists, creatives and strategists who are all focused on helping South Africans retire with more money.
Job Functions Advertising,Communications,Marketing
Industries Digital,Financial Services
Key accountabilities and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
• Writing emails for clients at different stages of their retirement journey
• Creating blog posts that will help educate South African’s on how to improve their finances and save for retirement
• Engaging with our social media communities as the 10X brand. This includes inbound and outbound engagement. (i.e. answering questions received but also engaging other relevant topics happening on twitter)
• Support with the development and maintenance of content calendars
• Report the effectiveness of the company’s content efforts and make recommendations for improvement
• Proof-reading and editing content created by other people in the marketing team and across the company
• Creatively re-purpose existing content
• Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certification in journalism, communications, marketing, or creative writing
• 1 – 3 years’ experience in content marketing, copywriting, or social media management
• Experience in Financial Services, with strong performance track record will be an advantage
• Know your way around Facebook Business Manager and other social media tools and platforms
• Basic understanding of Google Analytics
• You have worked with a CRM system (e.g. Hubspot, Intercom) and CMS (e.g. Wordpress) before
• Microsoft word is a very close friend of yours
Some personal attributes and talents we believe will make you successful in this role are:
• When it comes to researching topics and creating content you don’t just get your hands dirty, you’re willing to get elbow deep in information to find new angles and original ways of presenting ideas
• You enjoy collaborating, learning from others, and sharing ideas. You also know when to put your head down and get on with your own work
• Strong attention to detail
• You know what an Oxford comma is
• Numbers and financial terms don’t scare you.
• You want to know your work will have a positive impact on people’s lives
• You accept responsibility when wrong and stand your ground when you’re right
• You ask questions
• You love words
Aligned with 10X’s core purpose and vision: We are a purpose driven organisation that puts our clients first, not just in our mission statement but in practice. Our culture reflects this. If client first resonates with you, if it is something you constantly strive for, then you will find it easy to become part of our organisation and team.
Values & respect: 10X operates with mutual respect and dignity. Whist we want super-star contributions and attitude we do not tolerate or promote super-star behaviour. Be authentic and genuine. We do what we say, we say what we do and provide full transparency to our clients and colleagues. We are a down-to-earth and well-grounded bunch and are secure in our abilities which is evident in our work and track-record.
Collaboration: Team work is critical as it brings the best out in us and helps us stretch and grow as peers, nurture and retain our talent and innovate for our clients. Collaboration is one up from team work, here we work together towards a common goal: “to create dignity during retirement” for our clients. It means setting aside our egos and opinion and allow space for the diversity of opinions, ideas and suggestions of colleagues.
Leadership in all we do: We are focused on creating dignity during retirement. An audacious goal. It requires courageous leadership of self, peers and teams. Without direction we will drift, and our teams will drift. We move ahead by boldly leading, respectfully challenging, setting the example for our industry, our peers and our teams.
There are cash and non-cash components to our employee value proposition:
1. We offer market-related salaries, based on industry intelligence & research
2. Short-term incentive via annual performance bonuses linked to agreed Key Performance Indicators. The intention is to reward high-performance contributions with attractive annual bonuses.
3. Group life, disability and funeral cover
4. Retirement cover (Provident Fund) with zero administration fees
5. Other non-cash benefits such as Annual Leave, Paternity Leave, Study Leave, Birthday Leave and Family Responsibility leave
6. Service awards
Job Closing Date 31/03/2020